Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thesis Re-Statement May 17, 2008

Why am I pursing this study?
I want to more complete understanding the quality of relationships as they pertains to free expression ,or lack of it, in architecture. To better define the role of freedom as a role of creating and sustaining personal, business and professional layers of relationships during the designing of buildings.
Watercolor art has been apart of many in my family for the past eighty years and it is both a homage and contribution to the spirit of this art form. I want to explore the presentation of this medium in a natural, creative and historical context.

What is my intention?
What I want to do is explore a building project which involves creating on personal and professional level the status of museum design today. My intention is to propose a place where the art form of architecture can serve and preserve freedom of expression. What is the nature of the relationships used in creating the Watercolor museum? Can it communicate to a wide world the importance of sketching in this media? Is this a timely pursuit? Can architecture contribute to many levels of relationship with this pursuit?
All the above question which I will address.

How will I accomplish these levels of participation? I am convinced that by exploring my professional discipline level and personal design expressions I can create a center which is inclusive and expressive in a positive way to all those who wish to learn and create in a peaceful environment the Watercolor medium.

Abstract:

The purpose of the thesis is to explore the importance of creativity in expressing the essence of relationship in a historic art form. It is important to profitably engage people in the production of Architecture. This is especially important to create novel and positive thinking in an organization, be it business or artistic. While managing the energy associated with any enterprise is important, it is especially important in the profession of architecture. By defining and clarifying the abstract roles which relationships have through experiences and case studies, applications to future practices will be enhanced.

No comments: