Friday, May 23, 2008

May 26, 2008

The images here are hand drawn. Each image was drawn with pen and Ink... something that I have not done in a long time. Going back to my roots. The drawings here are done the way most architecture was done until about 25 years ago. I use to produce presentation drawings such as this during my charettes at the office. Somethings teach you as you do them.

Perspective helps create a mood and the results can reveal things that do not seem obvious. For instance, the grade in this project appears to be a gentle slope to the south. In developing the perspective it caused me to shifting of the entire building to the north and providing more area for parking adjacent to the building on higher ground.
This will disturb less wetland and provide a more dramatic view of the existing plantation house.

1 comment:

F.R. said...

Tom!
straight line! wow!!
good stuff, you should enlarge the perspective too!